My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Of the 10 Canadian provinces, British Columbia is the westernmost region. It is known for its diversity when it comes to climate and natural resources. Campers, hikers, and other adventure seekers visit the province to savour panoramic views and perform exciting activities. If you want to unwind and engage in thrilling adventures, then you may start venturing into Victoria, the capital of British Columbia. This city is situated on the southern tip of Vancouver Island, which is in between the Haro and Juan de Fuca straits. Although Victoria has the largest urban area on the island, the city is still rich in parks and green spaces, a perfect description for "garden city." Exploring Victoria will not only astound you with its picture-perfect landscapes, but it can also show you a glimpse of its colonial past. Its rich history is evident in its interesting architecture, attractive gardens, and fascinating museums. So if you are still searching for a perfect location for your next getaway, then the city of Victoria could be your best pick.
Victoria is considered as one of the urban hubs of British Columbia. But aside from having a lot of towering skyscrapers and impressive structures, Victoria also offers many areas for recreation. Whatever outdoor activity you're into, there is a perfect adventure destination for you. If you are going to spend your next vacation in Victoria, then here are some thrilling activities that are worthy of your precious time:
1. Create a refreshing treetop adventure through ziplines. Make sure to try zip lining if you are camping or hiking in Southern Vancouver Island or nearby areas. This activity will not only give you an exhilarating experience, but it can also provide an educational insight into the history and wildlife of the location. The zip lines which are available in the area range from 130 feet to 1000 feet. If you are not afraid of heights, then riding a zipline could be your best option when it comes to thrilling activities. You can make exciting videos of your adventure by mounting an action cam to your headgear. Try to ask for assistance from the professionally trained tour guides. They can also teach you safety precautions to ensure that you will get a safe and comfortable zipline ride.
2. Engage in architecture photography. If you like photography, you will surely love to tour inside the Craigdarroch Castle. It is a National Historic Site which was built by Robert Dunsmuir, a wealthy coal baron. The Craigdarroch Castle is a perfect example of Victorian architecture featuring stained-glass windows, incredible woodwork, and period antiques, making the place ideal for architecture photography. Besides taking pictures, you can enjoy the best views in Victoria by climbing the 87 steps up the grand oak staircase leading to the tower.
Make sure to prepare a budget when considering this place since there is an admission fee in the Craigdarroch Castle. The funds collected by the nonprofit charity are used for the restoration of the castle. Non-English speaking tourists should not worry about exploring the place since there are self-guided tour translations available in many languages. These include Chinese, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and Turkish.
3. Get the best-golfing experience. Victoria is also famous for being the gateway to the Vancouver Island Golf Trail. It is a 250-kilometre-long network with 14 scenic courses. Whether you are an expert or not in golfing, you will surely have the best-golfing experience in the city. One of the reasons why many golfers fall in love with Vancouver Island is because of its astounding coastal seascapes. The breathtaking views, together with a pleasant climate, makes Victoria a golfer's paradise.
4. Take an ocean quest. You may explore some of the best areas in Victoria, such as Downtown Victoria, Oak Bay, and Saturna Island. Prepare your action camera gear to record your ocean escapade. You may take a video of yourself while enjoying different activities such as boating, kayaking, and paddling. Discover marine life and photograph scenic landscapes while exploring the ocean. You may also wait for the golden hour when a variety of colours are cast in the skies. If you are interested in capturing seascapes, then sunsets could be an excellent opportunity to add a dramatic scene to your photographs.
5. Visit a miniature zoo. If you are fond of insects such as spiders and other bugs, then you may head to the Victoria Bug Zoo. This miniature zoo offers a perfect opportunity to have a unique experience with multi-legged creatures. You can get an up-close view with alien-eyed praying mantis, tarantulas, glow-in-the-dark scorpions, giant walking sticks, and a lot more. Heading to Victoria Bug Zoo also gives you the chance to discover near 50 species of insects, which include the country's largest ant colony. Don't be afraid of handling the said creatures since there will be tourist guides who can provide you with knowledgeable insights. Don't forget to bring an action cam which you can use to document this thrilling adventure.
6. Witness the aesthetic beauty of Victoria through hiking. Another outdoor activity that allows you to savour the panoramic views of Victoria's landscapes is hiking. Follow several exciting trails while taking photographs of the spectacular vistas that you may find along the way. There are also guided tours that are ideal for those who are with their family and kids. The tour guides are equipped with valuable insights that can lead you to Victoria's hidden gems.
Whatever the season is, many exciting adventures await you in the beautiful capital of British Columbia. From discovering Victoria's local wildlife to engaging in water activities, you have many options to choose from. There is also a list of friendly recreations that you can try with your family. Try to visit Victoria, British Columbia and make sure to create unforgettable memories by taking part in thrilling adventures available in the capital city.