GoPro Broadcasting in Periscope: How do you do it?
STANDING DESK CONVERTER NEWS RELEASE. People love risk and adventure, going to places few have discovered, enjoy the overview of a parade, and seeing the other view (from up and above) is a big trend nowadays. What’s more, people like to stream it live, even for at least a few seconds like in Instagram and Twitter, minutes like in Periscope and an hour like in YouTube.
Digital is the new trend. Which is why action camera such as GoPro or the ACE-CAM 4K Ultra HD Action Camera - 16MP with 170° Wide Angle Lens is a perfect choice. It is one of the only cameras with an upgraded sensor which gives you true Ultra HD with 4k at 30fps, 2.7k at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps, and 720p at 120fps.
Most 4K cameras have inferior sensors that are only capable of 10 fps (frames per second) at 4K. This causes significant blur, even when looking at slow moving targets (and forget about fast action - the whole thing is a blur!).
Your ACE-CAM 4K Ultra HD Action Camera will capture all your precious moments and make them last forever in Ultra High Def.
With the availability of internet, the Wi-Fi ability of ACE-CAM 4K Ultra HD Action Camera allows you to have a live video feed and control the camera (take pictures or video) from your smartphone.
It also includes features that will surely make broadcasting easier such as time lapse/loop recording, white balance controls, photo burst, date stamp, and self-timer.
With your Periscope account, you can now broadcast your adventures LIVE with a GoPro or an ACE-CAM 4K Ultra HD Action Camera and an iPhone 5S, 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+ with iOS 8.2 or above.
HOW DO YOU SET UP A GOPRO? (AS ADAPTED FROM PERISCOPE)
1. Install the "GoPro" app from the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your GoPro Camera with your iPhone. (Which device would you like to connect?)
3. After pairing, go to Settings App > Wifi > Select your GoPro
4. Be sure your GoPro is in Video mode, then open Periscope, to begin - tap the Broadcast tab. Be sure to look at the GoPro camera toggle.
WHAT TO REMEMBER DURING GOPRO BROADCASTING?
- iPhone 5, 5c devices will broadcast, but will not save the broadcast to your camera roll. iPhone 5S and up are fully supported devices.
- Do not leave the Periscope app while broadcasting. Leaving Periscope will end the broadcast.
- Double tap the screen to toggle between the iPhone and GoPro cameras. Or swipe right during a broadcast to select which camera source you’d like to broadcast from (GoPro or 4K Ultra HD Action Camera, front-facing iPhone, or back iPhone).
- To lock, you can tap the lock screen and when you need to unlock, swipe across the top. This prevents accidental taps when you slip your iPhone in your pocket.
WHAT ARE THE BEST BROADCASTING PRACTICES?
- Share innovative ideas and catchy experiences. People WILL want to see!
- You can broadcast LIVE on your Twitter feed.
- Update your followers with your current broadcasts for 3 - 5 minutes long (l0nger than that and some people will drop off - in today's times, attentions spans are SHORT!)
- Remember to have FUN. Your audience will see authentic joy and your personality. LET IT SHINE!
Now get out there and be great!