My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Road-tripping is one of the most exciting and relaxing activities that you can do outdoors. It is a perfect opportunity to visit the places you've never been to together with your family and friends. You may prefer travelling alone to give yourself time for self-reflection. Here in the Great White North, there is a myriad of breathtaking locations where you can drive and enjoy some scenic views. That’s why when you get a chance to take a road trip to your area, make sure to bring a camera gear so that you can take pictures and videos of the places you will see along the way. Doing so will help you preserve your road trip memories through the photos and footage taken on your action cam. You may also learn some camera tricks to help you get the best shots and give you the best road trip experience.
Do you want to make the most out of your road trip adventure? Try to follow these tricks and tips!
1. Backup your photos. Taking a road trip allows you to take pictures of interesting landscapes.. It is essential to back up the images and videos you took to keep the files safe. You can do this while charging your batteries or if you are taking some rest.
2. Create a charging station. If you will be road-tripping for days or you are travelling to a remote area, make sure that your action cam is 100% fully-charged. Indeed, you don't want to miss any fascinating landscapes along the way. That's why prepare your camera gear. Try to set up a charging station in your car so that you can charge the camera once the battery drains. When creating a charging station, make sure that the charger will fit easily in the car adapter. Bring extra ones to ensure that you have enough batteries for the photoshoot.
3. Create a photography list. Have a list of the places you want to take pictures of. In this way, you can also plan the route for your road-tripping. This will surely help you save time. Besides listing down the spots you wish to shoot, try to make a list of the camera gears you will be using. If you are utilizing more than five equipment, then it would be better to monitor those gears through a list.
4. Prefer the roads less travelled by. Tourist attractions guarantee you amazing scenes. But travelling to these locations would be challenging, especially if these places are crowded. For sure, many people wish to visit those areas. To ensure that you can do more in photography, you can try visiting the locations that are new to you. Not only can they give you panoramic scenes, but they allow you to meet the locals there.
5. Protect your gear. If you are using other equipment besides the action cam such as gimbals, then keep them in a safe area. It is important to take care of them since these gears are your investments. You probably bought them at a high price, so try to place them in a hard case to keep the camera and other equipment safe. Another tip is to use foam inside the case where you will put the gears. In this way, you can ensure that your action camera and gimbal are safe from scratch.
6. Visit the place before the peak season for more shooting opportunities. If you have time, start early for your photography sessions. It is recommended to take a road trip before the peak season, where there are many tourists and visitors. For sure, you don't want to shoot in crowded national parks. Doing the photography session in less overcrowded areas will help you maximize the time and take pictures of the best scenes.
7. Create a plan for the photoshoot. You might be overwhelmed with the beautiful scenery that you will find along the way. But don't immediately take pictures. Make a stop and plan for the photography session. In this way, you can keep your shots varied and exciting. There are several factors to consider when taking pictures and videos. One of these is the composition. Consider the subject placement as well as the foreground and background. Other than the composition, think where the light is coming from. Lighting can significantly impact the quality of your photos and help you create a more exciting picture. Before leaving the place, scan the area and look for other angles where you can find more appealing shots.
8. Use a polarizing filter. Polarizing filters are essential tools that can help increase colour saturation and contrast. Using them can also reduce reflections on glass and water. You will find it useful in your road trip photography session, especially if you are travelling to lakeside regions. A polarizing filter allows you to use a longer exposure time as well as a wider aperture on a bright day. For instance, you can create a photo of a deep blue sky by utilizing a circular polarizer filter.
9. Use straps and other action cam accessories. Shooting for hours could be tiring, especially if you are doing other activities like hiking. To make the photography sessions more comfortable, you can incorporate action cam accessories like straps. You may attach the cams in comfortable camera straps instead of holding them for hours. If you are on a backpacking or hiking trip, consider using a camera clip. Doing so allows you to keep your hands free while hiking.
Road-tripping is a perfect opportunity not only to unwind but also to capture the best scenes in your country. Before you do this exciting activity, there are several things that you need to consider, such as your itinerary and the necessary gears. With today's technology and photo-sharing platforms, you can instantly share the images and videos using the features in your action camera. In this way, your friends can also see your road trip adventures.